Dr. Venkateswar Prasanna
- MS, M.Ch (Neuro Surgery)
- Sr. Consultant Neurosurgeon
- English, Hindi, Telugu
- Dr. Venkateswara Prasanna G is a dynamic and accomplished Neurosurgeon with over 2000 cases of surgical experience in managing disorders which affect nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and extra-cranial Cerebrovascular system.
- With a special interest in Minimally Invasive Brain and Spine surgeries, he performs a wide spectrum of brain and spine surgeries such as endoscopic ventriculostomies, pituitary tumors, endoscopic discectomy, kyphoplasty for osteoporotic fractures, percutaneous spinal fixation through minimally invasive approach along with complex skull base surgeries and clipping of aneurysms.
- A meritorious and award winning student, Dr. Prasanna has completed his MBBS & MS in General Surgery from the Prestigious Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. During his MS he developed a passion for Neurosurgery. He found his role model and mentor Prof. Mohanty who is an eminent Neurosurgeon from BHU. Subsequently he went on to pursue his Neurosurgical training at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, which is one of the best Neurosurgical training Institutes in the Country.
- Worked and trained with acknowledged neurosurgeons across world, Dr. Prasanna has got a very good exposure to Complete Spectrum of complex Cranial and Spinal surgeries. Especially during his training at Cardiff University Hospital in UK, he underwent extensive training in Minimally Invasive Spine and Cranial Surgeries.
- He joined as Faculty at Narayana Medical College, Nellore where he trained younger Surgeons to become Qualified Neurosurgeons. After his tenure at Narayana Medical College, Nellore, he was invited to Join Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai. He worked there for about 4 years at fortis and also worked as a faculty at Vijaya Health care, Chennai. He was Instrumental in starting & Developing the department of Neurosurgery at Simhapuri Hospital, Nellore. The department currently boards of 3 Neurosurgeon with a separate 8 bedded Neuro ICU and performing about 50-70 complex neurosurgeries under his guidance and managements union, the department of neurosurgery has merged with department of neurology and extended to “INSTITUTE OF NEUROSCIENCES”. The Exclusive Neuro theatre is fully equipped with state of art microscope, endoscopes, C-arm CUSA & room to procure Neuro Navigation System.
- Apart from being a vivid medical professional, Dr. Venkateswara Prasanna contributed significantly to the medical fraternity by presenting on various contemporary topics at different international conferences such as AACNS meet, WFNS meet, Annual conference of Neurological Society of India, ISNOCON, Spine Masters Conference to name a few. Within a very short stint, he has also published over 20 articles in various peer-reviewed National and international journals such as Neurology India, Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences, and Journal of Neurosurgery.
Specialization & Expertise:
- He is currently performing all complex brain and spine surgeries. The spectrum of surgeries include aneurysm clippings, AVM surgeries, by pass procedures, Head & Spine trauma. He has special interest in performing minimal invasive spine surgeries (MISS) like percutaneous TLIF, kyphoplasty, Artificial disc replacement. He along with his team are currently expanding the frontiers in functional neurosurgery by doing Epilepsy Surgeries, spasticity collective procedures. The department currently perform about 50 – 70 neurosurgical procedures per month
- Dr. Venkateswara Prasanna is an acknowledged expert in Minimally Invasive Brain and Spine Surgeries. He has extreme interest in performing endoscopic brain & Spine Surgeries, Clipping of Aneurysm, Complex Skull based tumors, Disc Replacements, Complex brain and Spine Surgeries.
- Dr. Venkateswara Prasanna has hands on experience in treating with International patients around the world like Africa, Middle East and other countries.