The Do’s & Don’ts of Pregnancy
Do’s of Pregnancy:
- Consult your doctor once you miss your periods and confirm pregnancy by urine or blood test as recommended.
- Visit your doctor regularly once every month till 28 weeks, once in a fortnight till 36 weeks, and weekly once thereafter till delivery.
- It is common to have the following symptoms in the first trimester (First 12 weeks)
- Nausea / Vomiting
- Painful and heavy breasts
- Craving or aversion to certain foods
- Dating Scan 7 – 9 weeks
- NT Scan (11 – 14 weeks)
- Anomaly scan (20-22 weeks) and a third trimester scan as per your doctors advice.
Don’t of Pregnancy:
- Do not miss your regular antenatal visits.
- Do not miss your antenatal vitamin supplements
- Do not consume excess tea or coffee
- Do not stand for long hours
- Do not undertake long journeys
- Avoid smoking or alcohol intake
- Avoid exposure to X-Rays
- Do not take any medication without your doctor’s advice.
CLICK HERE to Get Expert Opinion with our Best Gynecologist in Andhra Pradesh.